Slumber Party Part II

Previously Laschout reported that Bill Cowher made a visit to State College and was an overnight guest of Tim Curley.  We stand by that statement, and with some research help from Quez56, have uncovered just a little bit more that makes us scratch our collective heads:

There is currently a home for sale in Raleigh, that matches description of the Cowher residence.  Listing price of the 7520 square foot home is 2.65 Million.

Public Records indicate that this home on Over Hadden Court in Raleigh was purchased on 11/1/05, by THE
MLL REVOCABLE TRUST, Frank Zecca of McLean, Virginia is listed as Trustee.

The MLL Revocable Trust is managed by a vice president for Octagon Financial Services, Frank Zecca.

Octagon Football represents Bill Cowher.

So in summary, Cowher is selling his home in Raleigh, but how does that relate to a visit with Curley?  Is there a connection?  Much as I love State College, can't say it is a vacation destination at end of February.  How about you Bill Cowher?

Trackbacks
  • No trackbacks exist for this entry.
Comments
Page: 1 of 2
  • 3/4/2008 12:37 PM 42 wrote:
    nttnylyon - where were you during the Kennedy assassination?

I guess we'll just to have see how this all plays out. This is very interesting.
    1. 3/4/2008 12:55 PM nttnylyon wrote:
      Home from school, sick with The Mumps!
  • 3/4/2008 12:39 PM Naples wrote:
    Well, I'll be cow kicked!
  • 3/4/2008 12:43 PM Lions wrote:
    Nice sleuthing, lyon.

And I haven't heard or seen one shred of evidence suggesting that Cowher is NFL-bound anytime soon.

I'm not ruling anything out at this point. You just don't build your "dream house" in your wife's native state and suddenly abandon it in two years without something being up.
  • 3/4/2008 12:45 PM 17 wrote:
    If you click on the link for the home you will find a clue in the last picture on the top row that would certainly indicate it's Cowher's home.
    1. 3/4/2008 12:49 PM 17 wrote:
      Save you the effort. Just go this link.

1. 3/4/2008 12:54 PM 17 wrote:
        and yet another clue that the home belongs to Cowher.

1. 3/4/2008 1:02 PM PSUFlyers wrote:
          What? The Lombardi Trophy and a Steelers helmet? Purely coincidence. Come on, guys, who are your sources?
        2. 3/4/2008 1:03 PM gopsu wrote:
          is that a superbowl trophy replica?
  • 3/4/2008 12:51 PM nw wrote:
    Damn lyon, that's some nice research...thanks for passing on...
  • 3/4/2008 12:52 PM Bennie wrote:
    what a terrible time to sell.
  • 3/4/2008 12:54 PM nttnylyon wrote:
    Credit for the assist goes to quez56.
  • 3/4/2008 12:57 PM imSICKofLOSING wrote:
    i saw it was already posted, but in one of those pictures of the houses, there is a steelers helmet...

hmmm kinda interesting developments huh
  • 3/4/2008 1:16 PM flion wrote:
    Can't even imagine this program under Cowher. I'll keep my pipedreams stored away for now though.
  • 3/4/2008 1:27 PM sc wrote:
    besides his daughter, does cowher have any connections to psu?
  • 3/4/2008 1:40 PM TXD wrote:
    The Philadelphia Inquirer Incites column: Eagles' woebegone roster is ripe for a retooling.(Column)

From:
    Philadelphia Inquirer (Philadelphia, PA)

Date: November 26, 2006

Author: McKee, Don

-Snip

The Lion King. The speculation on Joe Paterno's successor grew more intense in the last two weeks as the veteran coach was absent from the Penn State sideline in a home game for the first time since 1949.

Without throwing out a particular name, let me just restate my long-held belief that Paterno's successor will be a "name" coach. And that's as it should be.

No assistant, no matter how well qualified, can possibly hold up under what will be an incessant drumbeat of comparisons to Joe's team, Joe's way, Joe's record, Joe's socks, etc.
    Only a coach with an established name of his own -- a big name -- could bear up under the pressure of replacing Paterno.

Not that either Jon Gruden or Cowher would necessarily be interested. But it would take a name of that magnitude to unite the alumni, impress recruits, and earn the players' respect.

-Snip
    1. 3/4/2008 2:01 PM Jimbob wrote:
      Yes, you are correct. HIS OLD house is on the market, however, he is building a new house in Raleigh.
  • 3/4/2008 2:14 PM sc wrote:
    looks like the great mystery is solved....cowher is building a new house in NC and his daughter is being recruited for womens bball...let me know when andy reid decides to put his house on sale and we can all start to speculate.....or any coach without ties to penn state
  • 3/4/2008 2:40 PM nttnylyon wrote:
    Jimbob - Just as last time Cowhers' built a home, an individual typically owns land and builds on it. There is no other lot in Raleigh deeded in either the name of Cowher or The Trust. Not saying impossible, just not typical.
    1. 3/4/2008 2:48 PM jimbob wrote:
      Trust me on this, Cowher IS building a new house in Raleigh as we speak. This comes from a very good source. I don't care if you believe me or not. But I will guarantee that if the folks from Laschout dig into this deeper they will find out that Cowher IS building a new home.
  • 3/4/2008 2:59 PM PSU Blue wrote:
    LMAO, you guys are a piece of work. Keep it up, I enjoy this site. But he's not coming to PSU. Zecca's a Senior VP as well.
    1. 3/4/2008 3:05 PM conservativejoe wrote:
      Where did laschout ever say he was coming to PSU. We said some interesting facts. Fact one he was at PSU and stayed at Curleys place. Fact two a house owned by a trust that reps cowher is selling a house. Fact three no new pieces of Land have benn registered in NC either under cowhers name or the trust.
      1. 3/4/2008 3:31 PM PSU Blue wrote:
        Fact four, why post if your not insinuating....I don't really care. One of the few things I can actually contribute to this or BWI is that I know he has no interest in PSU. Feel free to discuss his real estate portfolio all you want, if you think that's "interesting".
        1. 3/4/2008 3:57 PM conservativejoe wrote:
          So how do you KNOW. Contribute. Are you Bill? Are you related to cowher? How do you KNOW. Or are you just insinuating that you know.
          1. 3/4/2008 4:35 PM PSU Blue wrote:
            Let's just say I work in sports and know people close to the situation. Sounds silly but it's true.
            1. 3/4/2008 4:37 PM PSU Blue wrote:
              In fact, it's not people "close" to the situation, it's people that are the situation :o)
  • 3/4/2008 3:26 PM real_gig wrote:
    I'd like to add that BC is also selling his car, an SUV for a mid-size sedan.. and Jay decided to sell his PS2 and bought a WII. What does this all mean ?? Jay is trying to get shape... so he can run up and the down the isles at Walmart to stock shelves... and BC would rather be under cover in SC with his new car. You people need to get a life... Joe Paterno is coaching for 3 more years.. whether you like it or not.
  • 3/4/2008 3:47 PM rumor mill wrote:
    aaaaaawwwwwwwww

if
    you won't play nice you won't make any friend
    1. 3/4/2008 3:55 PM conservativejoe wrote:
      BWI misses you. Phil thinks he lost his pet. better hurry home.
  • 3/4/2008 7:07 PM Jimbob wrote:
    Well, Ed Bouchette just confirmed in his blog that Cowher IS buying a new home and Raleigh.

Laschout, please put this rumor to bed.

Ed Bouchette went straight to the source today to clear up a rumor floating around the Internets that Coach Cahr could succeed Joe Paterno at Penn State:

"Bill Cowher's house is for sale in Raleigh, N.C., and he and his family will move -- two miles away.

Cowher said yesterday with a laugh that "I'm not going anywhere," after Internet reports noted that his house was for sale and rumors linked him with another coaching job, this one at Penn State.

"Put that to rest," Cowher said firmly yesterday. "I'm staying here."

Cowher, who resigned as Steelers coach after the 2006 season and moved to Raleigh, said he and his wife, Kaye, are building a new house on a golf course two miles from their current one, which is for sale. He said they decided the house they bought in fall 2005 was too big for them and their youngest daughter and they will downsize.

"My for-sale sign went up after the last NFL job was filled to avoid speculation," Cowher said with a laugh.

Cowher's name has been linked to any number of job openings in the NFL since he left the Steelers, and he's turned down several requests to talk to teams about their head coaching job."
  • 3/4/2008 7:53 PM Naples wrote:
    Put what rumor to bed? So, he's building a new house and says he is "going nowhere" (what does that mean, anyway?). The reports that he spent the night at Curley's are credible. So, why was he at Curley's for a couple days (secretly)? I don't know, but something is cooking. Maybe not as coach, but the circumstances are at the very least curious.
    1. 3/4/2008 8:34 PM Jimbob wrote:
      Give it a rest Naples. You are really grasping here. I understand your pain a little. I too would love to see JVP step down and hand over the reigns to a highly touted coach...only problem is that Bill Cowher will not be that highly touted coach.
    2. 3/5/2008 12:23 PM PSU Blue wrote:
      Secretly??? Come on. Did you see him walking around in a trench coat with dark shades?? Not trying to be a jerk, but nothing was secret and nothing is cooking...unless Curley's making some soup :o)
  • 3/4/2008 8:01 PM PSUZimm wrote:
    I think Cowher would be a great college coach...it won't happen but it's certainly a fun conversation. JoPa will be around for another 3 years. It's amazing how quiet PSU is able to keep things in this day and age but they already know who the next coach is going to be....and he's not on the sidelines, at least not in St. College. And yes, the new coach knows it as well!
  • 3/4/2008 9:01 PM KidsAnd$ wrote:
    While I accept that it is extremely unlikely that we'd be fortunate enough to have The Chin as our HC... Can you imagine what the recruiting process and in-home visits would be like?
  • 3/4/2008 9:37 PM steellion wrote:
    Another clue that it is his...check out the helmet...

1. 3/4/2008 9:55 PM PSUZimm wrote:
      yeah, we know...it's Cowher's house! Seen the helmet...seen the trophy's. He's not coming to PSU...
  • 3/4/2008 9:50 PM JoePaterno wrote:
    The horse is dead already.
  • 3/5/2008 8:35 AM rumor mill wrote:
    so when this site is suppose to give the insider info and the "real" facts why are you talking about this total fabrication...God forbid that Curley and Cowher might some how some way be friends...I know I know I am so sorry that I even thought that, that is so outragious wow sorry but that could never happen I mean Cowher has a better chance of being the new head coach than being friends and staying at some ones house

why don't you use your incredible deductive powers to find out why AQ was suspended indefinetly (way to break that news to us) or whats going on with Chris Baker

why don't you guys talk about something relevant

I really like(d) this site and I want to continue to read what you guys have to say but if stuff like this continues...stuff that is so ridiculous then there will be no other choice...this is def a blow to the LO rep and you guys should be ashamed of posting such drivel
    1. 3/5/2008 9:17 AM conservativejoe wrote:
      Once again learn to read. Laschout posted nothing other then the Fact that Cowher stayed at Curleys house. We did not say he was interviewing or talking about a head coaching job. We were providing Facts.

So nothing has damaged our rep. We reported Facts and they are still the Facts. I think it is very relevant that a super bowl coach spend a weekend at out AD house. Seems to me it was not an accidental visit. But it could have been over alot of things. Assistant coaches, Daughters basketball, suggesting other top canditates for a future HC job that will eventually be open.

And we willnot be hurt at all if you decide not to read this site anymore rumormill. You are one of the people who always question the breaking news on here and refuse to believe the facts we give until weeks have gone by and the other sites confirm. So let me be the first to say have fun at BWI with the WIG givingyou fluff stories and we will survive with out you here.
  • 3/5/2008 8:52 AM psu1313 wrote:
    Rumor Mill et al,

So what was Bill Cowher doing in State College then? Do he and Curley have a past relationship? I'd like to let sleeping dogs lie but there's something fishy about this. Plus, just because the Cowher's are building a new house doesn't mean he couldn't coach in State College, especially if his daughter comes here. (i'm pretty sure he'd have no problem affording a second house)
  • 3/5/2008 9:44 AM rumor mill wrote:
    yes I will agree that you have posted facts...but you have also implied your beliefs
    "So in summary, Cowher is selling his home in Raleigh, but how does that relate to a visit with Curley? Is there a connection? Much as I love State College, can't say it is a vacation destination at end of February."

to me that implies that you believe that Cowher and Curley have an agenda

and if in the near future there is some corolation between Cowher and the progam I will indeed post a full and remorsefully apology

I really do like this site and I am sorry but it is in my nature to question most things, one reason I don't watch the evening news anymore

As much as I think that the head coaching job at PSU is a major concern I believe that there are more prudent subjects that relate to the team, such as legal problems and major team suspensions, as well as recruiting issues, what is the word on Terrell (sp)

for the most part I believe in this site and its posters

but when threads such as these start up and create speculation and rumors that have no basis, it creates doubt (in my mind) as to the crediblity, though you have not directly stated speculation as to the coaching prospect you have stirred the pot, so to say, and have gotten the weak willed to start rumors

I will continue to read LO (with skeptism)as I hope many others do, b/c unless it has happened and there is verifiable evidence

I support LO, but I do believe that your talent is idly spent on threads like these
    1. 3/5/2008 10:06 AM conservativejoe wrote:
      Where sis we imply our belief. Posters may have but we did not. The house thing was another Fact that seemed odd in the timing with the secret stay at Curleys house.

And as far as Head coaching and the more prudent issues. SOnt you think they may all be related. New quality coach and our recruiting improves. A coach who has control of his team and the legal matters go away. And Terrel may be a waste of breath at this point but dont you think the HC is playing a major part of his recruiting. So bottom line get a quality new head coach and most things will right themselves.
  • 3/5/2008 9:47 AM John wrote:
    Cowher said he is taking the job but prefers to commute to State College...rumor has it he has hired John Travolta to jet him back and forth.
  • 3/5/2008 10:18 AM Rumor Mill wrote:
    agreed

and I do not deny that you have posted facts

but when the poster puts questions at the end, to me, it makes implications as to your views on the facts

the questions do create good fodder for the masses and good debates, but (to me) they also create an implication as to what the site is thinking
    1. 3/5/2008 10:47 PM PSUZimm wrote:
      AGREED!!!
  • 3/5/2008 2:59 PM Jimbob wrote:
    Cory Giger from the Altoona Mirror just confirmed that Cowher never stayed at Curley's house. I can say for certain that I will never, ever read Laschout.com again.

1. 3/5/2008 3:37 PM conservativejoe wrote:
      Look at LO track record. How many storys have been denied by nelson only to come true. Think about the Broderick Green story. Or Joe driving. Each time nelson denied only to have it confirmed. LO sources are solid. BUt believe what you want.
    2. 3/5/2008 5:04 PM thefatladyiswarmingup wrote:
      Although I don't buy BC coming here for one minute, if Cory Giger is supposed to be taken at his word for everything, why didn't he break a story instead of trying to disprove one?

I think it is more the guys who are paid to report for a living, are threatened by this site's collection of hacks. Got to admit that for people with no credibility, the Post Gazette, CNNSI, Altoona Mirror, and many other football blogs, surely reacted to laschout's story.

FWIW, this site has broken more stories that initially most didn't believe, yet ended up true than any other I know of. I was among the skeptics, but when it happens multiple times, it is not just a matter of luck.

For the record, I believe that Cowher stayed at Curley's house as LO claims he did. I also believe that Bradley will be the next HC at PSU.
      1. 3/5/2008 7:14 PM PSUZimm wrote:
        Bradley already know he's not the next head coach. PSU and the next head coach already know....I'll say it again, he's not a Lion now nor has he ever been. He's done a great job where he's at and has turned down a few jobs the past couple years. He has ties to the NorthEast and could (we'll see) be unbelievable for recruiting. Give it 3 years....Until then I'll be hoping for JoPa to find the Fountain of Youth!
  • 3/5/2008 3:22 PM rumor mill wrote:
    as much as I do NOT want to play devils advocate...I have to say that PSU might be covering their own asses with the statement to help conform to NCAA rules with parents staying at atheltic directors houses
  • 3/5/2008 5:27 PM CoachingLegend wrote:
    Crikey, this is all a buncha crapola, isn't it?
    1. 3/5/2008 6:46 PM Lions wrote:
      LOL re Jeff Nelson and any semblance of credibility. Nelson is usually either the last to know anything or as adept as they come at skirting the issue.

I still laugh when I think of Mo Humphrey being present and accounted for on that plane to East Lansing. After all, Nelson decreed it, so it must be so.

Page: 1 of 2